- Black beans (You can use any dry beans)
- 1 medium Malanga
- 1 medium potato
- 1 onion
- 1/2 of a green pepper
- 1 1/2 leaf culantro
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 table spoon of tomato sauce
- 1 tables spoon BBQ sauce
- 1 table spoon of minced garlic
- Ham – eye ball it!!
- 1/2 of a chorizo chopped
- 1 table spoon of all seasoning mix
Get Your pressure cooker!!
- Put 2 cups of black beans into the pressure cooker. (I use a rice measuring cup and fill it to the top) Set up the pressure cooker for 30 minutes. You need to eye ball how much liquid you want but I put about 8 cups using the rice measuring cups.
- Start making your “sofrito”. Place chopped onions, peppers, chorizo, ham, garlic, cumin, all seasoning, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, and some oil. Let it all caramelize and then take it out of the heat to keep the juices. You can add salt at this time as well.
- Chop the malanga and potatoes.
- After the pressure has gone away from the beans. Add the malanga, potatoes and “sofrito”. Look at it…do you want more water? Make sure all of the ingredients is submerged. You may want to add a cup or two more of water. (rice measuring cups) Taste the liquid. Does it have enough salt? Remember that the potatoes and malanga will absorb the salt.
- Add bay leaves and culantro. Set 10 minutes of pressure.
Your house will be smelling awesome in no time!!…Enjoy…You can top it with fresh tomatoes or maybe add a little cheese!!! Please keep in mind that I eye ball everything so some measurements may not be exact.