Have you ever tried rabbit meat? I know…most only think of them as just pets but they ate also a good meat source for the homestead. For an urban homestead or someone with not a lot of space, you can get away with raising rabbits as a meat source and no one noticing.
- Don’t need much space
- Not much to feed – can include veggies from the garden
- Tastes close to chicken – Try Chicken and Rabbit Paella. The only difference is that the rabbit meat is a bit dryer.
- Don’t make much noise
- Short gestation period – about 30 days
- About 8 weeks to wean babies
- Lower in calories and fats than most other meats
- Higher meat to bone ratio than chicken
Click here to read more about the benefits of rabbit meat from Rise and Shine Rabbitry.