- Any chicken with bones – about 5 Drumsticks or Thighs
- Rice – 2 1/2 cups – Rice measuring cups
- 1 onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 chorizo stick – cut in slices then in quarters
- 2 leaves of Culantro broken each in half
- All seasoning mix
- 1 table spoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon – Yellow Food coloring to make the rice yellow
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
Step 1: Put the chicken inside of the pressure cooker. Set it to 25 minutes of pressure but do not cover it yet. You want to brown the chicken s bit. Once it browned, add water so that each drumstick is half way in the water (about 2 cups using a rice measuring cup).
Step 2: It is time to make your “sofrito”. Put your chopped onion, green pepper, choizo and avocado oil into a pan. Once your onions start to cook add your all seasoning mix, cumin, salt and then garlic.
Step 3: Once the pressure has been released from the pressure cooker. Add the washed rice and sofrito. Add culantro leaves and yellow coloring (this adds no flavor, just color but this dish typically has yellow rice). Taste the water to make sure it has enough salt. Cover the pressure cooker and add 10 minutes of pressure.
Wait until the pressure has been released then uncover and enjoy.