One of the ways you can use essential oils is for pest control around the home. Just put about 15 drops into a 16 ounce spray bottle and then fill it with water.
- Ants – Peppermint oil, Spearmint
- Aphids: Cedar wood, peppermint, spearmint
- Beetles – Peppermint
- Fleas – Spearmint, Peppermint, Lemongrass, Lavender
- Flies – Peppermint, Lavender, Eucalyptus
- Mosquitoes – Lemongrass, Citronella, Lavender
- Plant Lice: Peppermint, spearmint, cedar wood, orange
- Roaches – Peppermint, Citronella
- Slugs: Pine, garlic, orange
- Snails: Cedar wood, pine, garlic, orange
- Spiders – Peppermint
- Ticks – Lemongrass, Thyme, Lavender
For a garden pest control spray use 15 to 20 drops of peppermint oil in a 16 ounce spray bottle and filled it with water. Spray it directly on the plants. For more detail click here for the doTerra article.
To Attract Pollinators – Lavender, Hyssop, Marjoram, Basil, Sage, and Rosemary
To fight fungus and bacteria issues on plants, add 10 drops tea tree and 10 drops lavender to 1 gallon of water, before watering.
For more information read, “Using Essential Oils in Your Home and Garden to Kill Pests + Bugs-B-Gone Garden Spray” and “Best Essential Oils For Gardening Including 4 Recipes You Need“.