There are so many ways that we can save money on our electric bill. Here are a few tips.
- Don’t put your refrigerator so cold.
- Keep your washing machine set to cold water and only do full loads.
- Hang dry your clothes
- Use day light when possible.
- Use a toaster oven when possible instead of your kitchen oven.
- Change all bulbs to LED.
- Use rechargeable batteries when you can.
For more extreme measures, we can take a look at what is most commonly used by Off-Grid homesteaders.
- Use a solar oven
- Use a non-electric washing machine
- Depending on where you are, you may find free wood on Craigslist. You can use this for outdoor cooking.
- Although usually used for camping, try solar light bulbs at night. Charge them during the day to use in the evening.
These only give you 2 hours at night after being charged but you can hang them anywhere easily.
These will last 9 to 20 hours after full charged.
5. If you are not able to go completely solar, you might want to consider a smaller solar generator to help you power things at home. Yes, this is more extreme but at least you have a power back up in case anything ever were to happen.
In the video below you will see something called a Kodiak Solar Generator but it is currently out of stock. For more ideas and to see how you can use these solar lights, watch the video below by Prepper Princess.