There are certain crops that do not transplant well. Here are the 5 types of crops that you should never start indoors.
- Root crops – Radishes, Carrots, Beets
- Very Large Plants – Squash, Zucchini, Pumpkins
- Often times they grow fast and extremely large. Often times can be damaged.
- Corn – It does not transplant well.
- Lettuce – ONLY IF PRACTICING HIGH INTENSITY GARDENING (You want to space the seeds close from the beginning). I will share this technique demonstration on another post.
- Tubers and Bulb – Potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes, onions, garlic
For more information, here is a video from MIgardener.